cracking the coding interview pdf

 

The coded interview is the sacred horror of many programmers and software developers, but is it really possible to split the coded interview?
Nothing, I mean, scares more  cracking the coding interview pdf 
software engineers than the despicable coding interview.Sure, Gayle McDowell wrote an excellent book called "Cracking the Coding Interview," but is it really possible?

Yes, but I don't think you need to remember a handful of log questions to successfully break up the coding interview.


Here are 12 things you need to know if you want a chance to split your coded interview:
How to actually code the coding interview split algorithms
It's a coded interview - duh. If you want a chance to decipher the coding interview, you must be able to code.
I often wonder how many software engineers don't understand this simple detail.
Now, writing regular code on a day-to-day basis is a bit different than writing the kind of code to find the interview coding problems you are most likely to encounter, which are mostly algorithms.


You may receive questions like: Write an algorithm to find an item in a linked list and move that item to the end of the list.
Or you may find a question that basically does the same thing, but hides a clever word problem associated with assembly robots online.
Maybe you were, but it wasn't me. Instead, I had to practice.
Sure, you may have learned a bit about data structures and how to apply different types of algorithms in college, and you may even remember a bit, but you probably haven't done much with bubble writing algorithms. sort or search binary trees.
But, it wouldn't give you a problem and it would make you nervous for not giving you a solution, right?



I would not do it. Well, maybe, but it wouldn't be so obvious about it.
Anyway, here are some good resources for practicing coding algorithms.
• Top Coder - I wrote a blog post on how to use Top Coder to practice programming problems. (It's an older job for me, so cut some rods for me.)
• Programming Pearls (2nd edition): a classic book by Jon Bentley. (I remembered his name even without looking at him.) A problem full of difficult problems that you have to write code to solve. Great practice and lots of fun. I'm serious. If you don't want to fix these problems, what are you doing as a programmer?
• Breaking the Coding Interview: 150 Registry Questions and Solutions - While Gayle's book annoys me on Amazon, I have yet to recommend it, because it's really good and has a lot of good problems with practicing and learning from it. But make sure you don't memorize those problems. Solve them yourself, so you can get it right. Yes I'm speaking to you!


• My Pluralsight course, preparation for a job interview. Look, I didn't even start my course. In this course, I'll basically walk you through solving some of these algorithm problems and doing something I haven't seen anywhere else - I give you a real process on how to learn how to solve these kinds of problems yourself. I also cover some tips for job interviews and other questions.
• Project Euler: If I don't include this one, I get a handful of emails from people wondering how I didn't include Project Euler. So here it is. (That is a terrible phrase). Anyway, this is a really good resource. Also, there are many examples of how all kinds of people have solved these problems in all sorts of shady ways, by making all sorts of psychedelic drugs.


Well, about that one. I have 11 more to cover.
Make sure you get to the point where you are comfortable writing code to sort an array in which a cat's hair color in three lists in order of hair length, or  
 something like that.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cracking the coding interview pdf 8th edition

Cracking the coding interview 6th edition pdf

Cracking the Coding Interview